Digital signage: digital screen advertising
What is Digital Signage? - Definition & components of modern digital signage solutions
digitalSIGNAGE.de CEO Björn Christiansen
(Hamburg, 04.04.2023) Advertise, inform, play out interactive content: Digital signage is everywhere! The practical and attractive screens inspire and generate attention. Today, digital signage is a cornerstone of digitalisation in companies and retail.
What is digital signage? - Definition & Components of modern digital signage solutions
The term "digital signage" is only vaguely defined. Generally it is
- an advertising or information system,...
- ... in which digital content such as videos or images are displayed on an electronic terminal (for example, a screen).
All DS systems therefore have the following in common:
- Digital content
- The use of an electronic end device such as a digital signage display, a digital signage pillar or a gigantic video wall).
- The aim of displaying advertising or conveying information.
Due to its many advantages, digital signage is conquering more and more new areas of our everyday life. Whether shop window displays, digital shelf labelling and signposts in libraries or digital door signs in companies: Whenever it comes to presenting information in a vivid way, DS is the medium of choice. Because the modern digital signage monitors are made to attract the attention of passers-by and customers. Thus, shop and kiosk owners also like to use modern DS concepts.
But in addition to digital signage at the point of sale, digital screen advertising is also often found in companies, schools and public authorities - as advertising banners or digital notice boards. But digital signage is now also used at events or in amusement parks. Digital room booking systems or digital admission controls have long been the order of the day in zoos, museums and the like. Apart from that, digital signage can also be used at trade fairs or in the gastronomy/hotel industry, for example in the form of
- hotel displays
- digital menu boards
- information displays and outdoor steles.
At the same time, waiting room TVs in doctors' surgeries are becoming increasingly popular.
Benefits: All advantages at a glance
- Save time and money: With digitalsignage.de's intuitive digital signage software, you can manage all content from a central location. This saves time - and therefore also money. Our products are designed for 24/7 continuous operation and are therefore optimised for professional use.
- Communicate in real time: Inform your customers, guests or employees about important changes within seconds. Completely location-independent: With our cloud-based digital signage software, synchronisation is possible from anywhere in the world. The only requirement: an internet connection and a browser.
- Win and keep customers: Improve your service with impressive visual communication. Use our signboards, video walls, LED walls and touchscreens to improve your customers' experience.
- Reach your target group: Provide your customers, employees or visitors with up-to-date information and entertainment. Rely on visual stimuli and suitable lighting concepts as well as interactive screens. For maximum flexibility.
- Enjoy premium service: Contact us at any time if you have any questions. We will help you with planning through free, personal webinars and install all products on request. We are also happy to support you during set-up and, of course, during operation.
- Protect the environment: Say goodbye to superfluous flyers. With the use of modern technologies you are faster, more flexible and at the same time more environmentally conscious. Our players consume a fraction of the energy of conventional PC systems.
Digital signage in practice: this is what counts
Setting up a digital signage system can seem like a daunting task. Especially when multiple screens and flexible content are used, the workload can increase significantly. This is why it pays to work with an experienced digital signage provider.
Your status quo: needs analysis and selection criteria
Before you install the appropriate digital signage hardware/software, you must first define for yourself what you want it to be. Answer the following key questions:
- What do you want to achieve? (e.g. win more customers, inform employees more easily ...)
- How many screens should be used?
- What budget is available?
- What content (images, videos, web pages ...) should be displayed where?
- How do I find the right digital management software?
The digital management software ensures smooth synchronisation of the individual devices within the network. This also includes the management of updates and remote maintenance.
Due to the complexity of the systems, you should not start any experiments here. It is better to contact a professional digital signage agency. They can provide you with tried and tested software solutions that have been optimised for the respective application.
Digital signage stands and falls with the right CMS
With a suitable content management system, you can easily prepare your content and arrange for its output. The web interface is used to upload your media, create presentations and set output times and a specific sequence. An inferior or difficult-to-use CMS makes your work more difficult and creates problems in the long run.
On-premise or cloud solution?
The use of cloud-based software has proven itself in almost all areas and is generally to be preferred. It offers the highest flexibility, is easy to set up and can be scaled as desired. In some rare cases, however, a local solution may also make sense. That is, the content is loaded directly onto the player and output to a screen. As a rule, however, a cloud-based system is clearly the better solution.
Digital signage players & signboards from the market leader
3 years cloud-based digital signage software included.
100,000 installations nationwide.
DS Channel Digital Signage Cloud Software: User-friendly. Cloud-based. Ready to go right away.
Our all-round carefree package:
- 3 years cloud software included: 3 years premium software made in Germany.
- Start immediately: Pre-configured Profi Player modules for connection to the elegant Profi Display for immediate start.
- Qualified support: Qualified advice and support. Ongoing technical customer support via a ticket system.
- Comprehensive service: Advanced Replacement Service.
- Test first, then buy: Personal webinar & test account possible before purchase.
- Multi-client capability: Optional multi-client Cloud CMS solutions available for resellers.
- Safe is safe: Digital Signage Cloud CMS hosted in ISO27001 certified data centre in Germany.
Arrange a free consultation appointment with our team now!
Personal consultation Mon-Fri 8.00-18.00 - Tel. 040 180 241 080 and email@example.com